Life Enthusiasts' and the Mayo Clinic says "Do This for 60 Seconds and Lower Your Stress."
Have you ever thought of the best and smartest way to get relief from stress? Most of us will turn to some TV show, supplements, or not-so-healthy alcohol. Well, if you laugh for 60 seconds, you can lower your stress. That's right! Laughter? Yes, laughter! This is no joke, as more giggles and guffaws are the best when it comes to getting relief from stress. No matter how you are laughing; whether at a sitcom on TV or at a newspaper cartoon, laughter does a body good when looking for the best stress relief option. All you need is to just laugh for 60 seconds and get relief! Since health is wealth, you need to laugh a lot to remain healthy.
Stress Relief from Laughter
It is said that laughter is the best medicine. It can even relieve people from several ailments and make them more healthy. There are both short- and long-term benefits of laughter. The Mayo Clinic reports the in-depth benefits from laughter in the moment and laughter over time :
Short-Term Benefits Of Laughter
- Laughter helps to stimulate many organs – Laughter boosts oxygen intake into your body, stimulates your lungs, heart, and muscles. Together, this increases the release of endorphins by your brain.
- Laughter can activate and relieve your stress response – When you laugh a lot for 60 seconds, you fire up and cool down your stress response system. This can help improve your heart rate and blood pressure and you will feel more relaxed at the end of the day.
- Laughter helps to soothe tension – Laughter can help to stimulate blood circulation and aid muscle relaxation; these can help reduce some of the known symptoms of stress.
Long-Term Effects Of Laughter
- Laughter may improve your immune system – Since negative thoughts can induce more stress into your body and positive thoughts can cause the release of neuropeptides that help fight stress and reduce potentially more-serious illnesses, you can laugh to improve your positive thoughts.
- Relieve pain – Laughter may help ease pain by allowing the body to produce its own natural painkillers.
- Increase personal satisfaction – Laughter helps to boost personal satisfaction and makes it easier to cope with difficult situations. When you laugh, you connect with other people.
- Improve your mood – Laughter can help reduce depression and anxiety for those that experience depression due to chronic illnesses. Laughter makes you feel happier.
Improve Your Sense Of Humor
If you find it hard to boost your sense of humor, you can grow your laughing muscles. Follow the simple steps below:
- Put humor on your horizon – Look for simple items like greeting cards photos or comic strips that make you giggle. Hang these photos and keep funny movies and books to boost your sense of humor. Go to a comedy club and look for comedy online.
- Consider trying laughter yoga – This is very easy to do because you will laugh as a group. You will force yourself at first and you will get used to it soon.
- Share a laugh – Take your time to make your friends laugh with you. Share funny jokes with friends and laugh together. It will be contagious.
- Learn to laugh at funny jokes – Know what is funny and don’t laugh at the expense of others.
- Become a life enthusiast.
Life Enthusiasts tend to laugh, smile, play, and enjoy unrestricted activities. “A life enthusiast," says Brandi Veil, mindfulness coach and co-founder of Rich Recovery® nootropic, “is a brain-enhancing supplement that supports balance energy. By definition, an enthusiast is a person who is highly interested in a particular activity or subject. A life enthusiast is someone who seeks out the fullness of life and what mental, physical and spiritual growth has to offer them.”
In addition to being a life enthusiast and laughing for 60 seconds to lower your stress, you should have a balanced physical/mental routine and add more vitamins into your brain and body. To supplement your health with vitamins, try testing our Rich Recovery® for better wellness. Open up your mouth and laugh while adding Rich Recovery® stress-balancing formula into your brain. Rich Recovery® helps to boost physical endurance and boost clarity, endurance, and immunity. To have a taste of this stress balancing in a bottle, click here to order now. You may also sign up for fun and playful insights on Rich Recovery® Blog here.